KOREAN BB THULIUM (KBT / LAVIEEN)
Brightening, Tightening, Skin Texture Improvement
What is Korean BB Thulium (KBT) Laser?
Skin Brightening, Skin Texture Improvement, Pore Size Minimization
- Sub-ablative Laser, 1927nm wavelength, Thulium
- Resurfacing of upper layer of skin, reduction of melanin pigmentation, stimulation of collagen
- For patients who are looking for laser treatments not requiring frequent visits to clinic
to achieve overall skin quality improvement
- Requires 1-2 days downtime
- Eligibility is subject to assessment by our aesthetic doctor
KOREAN BB THULIUM (KBT)
1927nm Thulium laser utilizes a wavelength which effectively targets the superficial skin layers for faster clearance of pigment lesions and photo damaged skin. This sub-ablative laser is also effective in improving skin elasticity, reducing enlarged pores and fine wrinkles. It can also help to improve shallow acne scars.
- Fractional laser irradiation
- Pigmentations are broken up into small fragments and absorbed by immune cells
- Collagen formation is stimulated
- Micro-crusts form at the surface of skin
- Skin surface texture is improved
It is recommended to do at least 3 treatments at 4 week intervals to achieve longer lasting results (individual results vary).
Patients can expect to see the following results after 2 to 3 weeks after Korean BB Thulium treatment:
- Brighter & Fairer Skin
- Smoother texture
- Tighter Pores
- Improvements To Pigmentations
- Improvements To Shallow Acne Scars
Our HIFU treatment is also another effective procedure for skin texture improvement. Unlike laser treatments, HIFU treatment uses concentrated waves of ultrasound to stimulate collagen production. As a result, tighter and smoother skin is achieved. HIFU treatment can also be applied to the face/neck area, making it a recommended skin booster procedure to have along with other skin texture improvement procedures like Korean BB Thulium.
Yes, KBT’s wavelength allows it to be an effective treatment for fine wrinkles and enlarged pores.
A topical anesthetic cream is applied prior to treatment to reduce pain during the procedure.
Results can usually be seen 2-3 weeks after treatment (individual results vary).
Your skin will be red and slightly irritable for the next 1 – 2 days during. It is recommended that you remain at home to avoid UV radiation and outdoor contaminants. Additionally, avoid applying sunblock and make-up too early as this may cause pimples to develop. You may start to apply make-up when fine pinpoint micro-crusting develops 2 – 3 days after treatment. Take note that prematurely removing the micro-crusts may cause scarring.