Skin hydration, Skin tightening, Injection
What is Redensity 1 (RD1) ?
- NOT a filler
- A Hyaluronic Acid (HA) injectable treatment
- Contains a formula of antioxidants (DRC)
- Contains Lidocaine to reduce pain
- Used to improve SKIN QUALITY (“Skin Booster”)
- 3 treatments recommended:
- 1 month intervals
- Every 6-9 months
*Treatment results may vary according to individual
Redensity Singapore – Redensity 1
Redensity 1, a hyaluronic acid (HA) injectable treatment, is used to improve skin quality. It is NOT a “filler” but it contains multiple ingredients for skin rejuvenation, including Lidocaine to reduce pain during injection.
What is Redensity 1?
Redensity 1 contains:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) (15mg/dl) which is non-cross linked and sterile
- Dermo-Restructuring Complex (DRC) which is a patented formula of effective natural components:
- 8 amino acids (Arginine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, Glycine, Lysine, Threonine, Proline)
- 3 Anti-Oxidants (Glutathione, N-acetyl-L-cystein, Alpha-Lipoic Acid)
- 2 Minerals (Zinc, Copper)
- Vitamin B6
- Lidocaine 0.3% (anaesthetic agent) to reduce pain during injection.
RD1 is injected into areas to be treated in small blebs to improve skin hydration, firmness, and elastic properties. It has been shown to increase GAGs (HA) in the skin 14 times, increase collagen IV to 98%, increase fibrillin-1 (contributes to skin elasticity) by 28%, and decrease the antioxidant effect of photo-induced radical stress by 28%.
What are the benefits of Redensity 1?
1. Hyaluronic Acid can bind up to 1000 times its weight in water thus retaining the water inside the skin. Due to aging, environmental stress, and damage – especially UV (ultraviolet) radiation – the HA content in the skin decreases over time. Simple application via topical methods has limited penetration into the deeper layers where it is needed. By injecting the HA directly into the layers of skin where it is needed, it can provide hydration and skin rejuvenation.
2. RD1 includes a patented DRC (Dermo-Restructuring Complex) which provides additional and synergetic effects on the skin:
- 8 Amino Acids:
- Arginine: A Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) that takes part in the hydration regulation of the superficial layers of the skin.
- Glycine: One amino-acid of the glutathione tripeptide, it represents 1/3 of the triple-helix structure of collagen.
- Leucine, isoleucine and valine: Define the Branched-Chain Amino Acids group (BCAA) with known wound healing and tissue restructuring properties.
- Lysine, threonine and proline: Essential to the biosynthesis and the stability of the triple-helix structure of collagen
- 3 Antioxidants:
- Glutathione: This is the main antioxidant of the cell and is a powerful cellular protector.
- Alpha-lipoic acid: Universal endogenous antioxidant that protects the cell and the cell’s membranes, it recycles natural antioxidants and increases their duration.
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine: Antioxidant amino-acid, it is a natural source of cysteine for the production of glutathione by the cell.
- 2 Minerals:
- Zinc and Copper: Essential constituents of natural antioxidant enzymes, they act in synergy with the defense mechanisms of the cell
- 1 Vitamin:
- Vitamin B6: It is a non-allergenic vitamin that is a powerful antioxidant and a co-factor of more than 140 biochemical reactions in the cell. It is essential to the cellular metabolism of all living organisms.
3. Lidocaine 0.3%: An anaesthetic agent that helps to reduce pain and contributes to patient comfort during the injection
Who can benefit from Redensity 1?
Redensity 1 is suitable for:
- Patients with dry skin
- Patients whose skin is oily on the surface but dehydrated underneath
- Patients wishing to maintain skin quality and enhance general skin health
- Patients who have undergone laser and/or other heat-generating procedures that dehydrate the skin
- Patients whose skin feels and looks “dull”
- Patients with sun-damaged skin
How is Redensity 1 different from other HA injectable treatments?
What areas can be treated?
Is the treatment painful?
How long does the process take in the clinic?
Do I have to stay home after the treatment?
You may have multiple swellings (“bumps”) and some redness on the injection sites for 1-2 days after the treatment. You are advised to stay indoors for 24-48 hours after the treatment to avoid external damage from the sun, pollutants, or cosmetics. The visible “bumps” will usually subside within 24-48 hours. Small scabs from the injection needle may also be visible for a few days to 1 week.
You should not apply make-up for 24-48 hours to avoid unnecessary clogging of the injection sites which may lead to acne or infection. You should also avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, extreme temperatures, using saunas or Turkish baths, massages, strenuous exercise for one week after the injection.
When can I start to see results?
Is REDENSITY 1 safe?
RD1 is US FDA-approved and has the European CE mark approval.
REDENSITY 1 is a hyaluronic acid gel but in a less viscous state so the product can spread and distribute in a wider area. Other types of hyaluronic acid gel fillers are thicker (more viscous) and mainly used to replace volume in specific small areas.
RD1 risks of certain side effects are lesser than the thicker HA fillers, but you still need to be aware of the reported side effects from hyaluronic acid “filler” products.
Early side effects in the treated areas include
These side effects disappear within 2-3 days, but some symptoms like swelling or bruising can last up to 10-14 days or longer.
Late side effects of HA at the injection sites may appear weeks or even months after the procedure. They include
- Discoloration of the skin
- Granulomas (accumulation of hardened tissue)
- Delayed allergic reactions
Rarer and more serious complications include
- Abscesses: Hard and swollen sores that may contain pus which require surgical drainage and subsequent scarring
- Blocking of blood vessels, which may be permanent, causing necrosis (damage/death of skin), blindness, or stroke
These complications are more relevant when injecting “thicker” HA fillers to localized areas in “bolus” for volume enhancement, especially around the nose and eye areas.